Sat, 25 May: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms – L: 44°, H: 64°

Today’s Reno Nevada forcast, as of 5:15 AM on Saturday, the 25th of May. Overnight, a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44. Then, Saturday, a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 64. Saturday Night, a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Then, Sunday, showers likely, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 55. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Sunrise today will be at 5:37 am and the sun will set at 8:15 pm. See you tomorrow!

Fri, 24 May: A slight chance of showers between 11am and 2pm – H: 68°, L: 44°

Reno’s weather conditions for today, as of 5:15 AM on Friday, the 24th of May. Today, a slight chance of showers between 11am and 2pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 68. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Then, Tonight, a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Saturday, a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 64. Then, Saturday Night, a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Sunrise today will be at 5:38 am and the sun will set at 8:14 pm. Stay tuned for weather updates since the weather’s always changing.

Thu, 23 May: Scattered showers – L: 43°, H: 62°

Today’s Reno Nevada weather conditions, as of 5:15 AM on Thursday, the 23rd of May. Overnight, scattered showers. Cloudy, with a low around 43. Chance of precipitation is 40%. And then, Thursday, scattered showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Thursday Night, a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 9pm, then isolated showers between 9pm and 11pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 44. Chance of precipitation is 20%. And then, Friday, a chance of showers between 11am and 2pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 68. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Sunrise today will be at 5:38 am and the sun will set at 8:13 pm. Stay tuned for weather updates since the weather’s always changing.

Wed, 22 May: Scattered showers – L: 39°, H: 59°

Today’s weather outlook for Reno Nevada, reported at 5:15 AM on Wednesday, the 22nd of May. Overnight, scattered showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Then later, Wednesday, scattered showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 59. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Wednesday Night, scattered showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Next, Thursday, scattered showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Sunrise today will be at 5:39 am and the sun will set at 8:12 pm. See you tomorrow!

Tue, 21 May: Scattered rain and snow showers – L: 39°, H: 52°

Today’s Reno Nevada weather conditions, created at 5:15 AM on Tuesday, the 21st of May. Overnight, scattered rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Little or no snow accumulation expected. And then, Tuesday, scattered rain and snow showers before 8am, then scattered rain showers. Some thunder is also possible. Partly sunny, with a high near 52. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Little or no snow accumulation expected. Tuesday Night, scattered showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. West wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. And then, Wednesday, scattered showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 58. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Sunrise today will be at 5:40 am and the sun will set at 8:11 pm. See you tomorrow!

Mon, 20 May: Mostly sunny – H: 62°, L: 38°

Today’s Reno Nevada weather outlook, reported at 5:15 AM on Monday, the 20th of May. Today, mostly sunny, with a high near 62. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Next, Tonight, a slight chance of rain showers after 11pm, mixing with snow after 2am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 38. Breezy, with a west wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%. Tuesday, scattered rain and snow showers before 11am, then scattered rain showers. Some thunder is also possible. Partly sunny, with a high near 52. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Little or no snow accumulation expected. Next, Tuesday Night, a 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. Northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Sunrise today will be at 5:41 am and the sun will set at 8:10 pm. Stay tuned for weather updates since the weather’s always changing.

Sun, 19 May: Showers – L: 42°, H: 54°

Today’s Reno Nevada weather conditions, as of 5:15 AM on Sunday, the 19th of May. Overnight, showers. Low around 42. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Next, Sunday, showers, mainly before 11am. High near 54. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Sunday Night, partly cloudy, with a low around 38. Next, Monday, mostly sunny, with a high near 60. Sunrise today will be at 5:41 am and the sun will set at 8:10 pm. Stay tuned for weather updates since the weather’s always changing.

Sat, 18 May: A 20 percent chance of rain after 11am – H: 62°, L: 40°

Today’s weather forecast for Reno Nevada, reported at 5:15 AM on Saturday, the 18th of May. Today, a 20 percent chance of rain after 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 62. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Then, Tonight, rain likely, mainly after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Sunday, rain showers before 8am, then rain and snow showers between 8am and 11am, then scattered rain showers after 11am. High near 53. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected. Then later, Sunday Night, partly cloudy, with a low around 36. Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Sunrise today will be at 5:42 am and the sun will set at 8:09 pm. Stay tuned for weather updates since the weather’s always changing.

Fri, 17 May: Isolated showers, with Hazards – L: 40°, H: 56°

Today’s weather forecast for Reno Nevada, reported at 5:15 AM on Friday, the 17th of May. Overnight, isolated showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 40. Chance of precipitation is 20%. Then later, Friday, mostly sunny, with a high near 56. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Friday Night, mostly clear, with a low around 39. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Then, Saturday, a 20 percent chance of rain after noon. Increasing clouds, with a high near 62. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Sunrise today will be at 5:43 am and the sun will set at 8:08 pm.

There is one local weather hazard at the time of this report. Here’s that local weather hazard.

Special Weather Statement. No Signs of Summer Through Memorial Weekend. Cold, Windy, and Wet Storms Continue into Next Week. An unusual and persistent weather pattern will continue to send cold Pacific storms into California and Nevada through next week. A pattern that is more typical of March rather than late May. Expect periods of rain, mountain snow, and strong gusty winds. There will be two peak periods for rain and snow through the weekend. The first will be tonight into Friday morning followed by a brief break. The second will be Saturday evening into Sunday. Snow levels are expected to fluctuate between 5500 and 6500 feet for both periods. Accumulating snow is expected over the Sierra passes both nights with some very light accumulations possible down to 6000 feet. Temperatures will be quite cold and well below normal into next week. Daytime highs will average 10 to 20 degrees below normal with overnight lows 5 to 10 degrees below normal. Vulnerable and homeless populations are at increased risk of hypothermia issues in this type of weather given how abnormally persistent it is for May. Winds will be gusty each day making it feel even colder. With persistent windy conditions, rough air should be expected into next week with increased turbulence and impacts to high profile vehicles on wind prone roads. The pattern will continue to be unsettled into next week. We have high confidence there will be another cold, wet storm next week. The peak period for that storm varies from as early as Tuesday to as late as Wednesday night. Expect difficult travel conditions over mountain passes at times over the next week, particularly at night. Spring recreation on mountain trails and lakes will also be impacted. For those with outdoor activities such as parties or commencements, have an indoor backup plan.

Stay tuned for weather updates since the weather’s always changing.

Thu, 16 May: Rain likely, with Hazards – L: 46°, H: 57°

Today’s weather outlook for Reno Nevada, reported at 5:15 AM on Thursday, the 16th of May. Overnight, rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Looking ahead, Thursday, rain likely before 11am, then isolated showers after 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 57. Breezy, with a west wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Thursday Night, a slight chance of rain showers before 11pm, then scattered rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. Breezy, with a west wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected. Next, Friday, mostly sunny, with a high near 57. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Sunrise today will be at 5:44 am and the sun will set at 8:07 pm.

There is one local weather hazard at the time of this report. Here’s that local weather hazard.

Special Weather Statement. No Signs of Summer Anytime Soon. Cold, Windy, and Wet Storms Forecast Through Next Tuesday. An unusual and persistent weather pattern will send cold Pacific storms into California and Nevada Wednesday through early next week. A pattern that is more typical of early March rather than late May. Expect periods of rain, mountain snow, and strong gusty winds. Anyone with travel plans over the Sierra through next Tuesday should prepare for occasional winter driving conditions including chain controls and plan for extra travel time. Open Sierra pass roads could have snow accumulation issues especially at night or in the early morning. With persistent windy conditions, rough air should be expected through the weekend with increased turbulence and impacts to high profile vehicles on wind prone roads. Spring recreation on mountain trails and lakes will also be impacted, so be sure to check the forecast before venturing out. For those with outdoor activities such as parties or commencements, have an indoor backup plan. Vulnerable and homeless populations are at increased risk of hypothermia issues in this type of weather given how abnormal it is for May. This first storm will continue to impact the region Thursday morning with numerous rain showers across the region as well as strong gusty southwest winds. Spot flooding in poor drainage areas is possible, but no river flooding is expected. Mountain areas will see a transition from rain to snow by daybreak Thursday. A few additional showers are likely into Friday with snow impacts for mountain roads. Both Thursday and Friday will be quite cold with highs some 15 to 25 degrees below normal. The breeze will make it feel even colder. Hope you didn`t away put your winter jacket. After a break Friday night into Saturday morning, another storm will sweep through Saturday night into Sunday morning with more valley rain and mountain snow showers along with gusty winds. Looking further out, simulations show a final but fairly strong storm for Tuesday which could have widespread travel impacts from rain, mountain snow, and wind across much of Nevada and California. There is still quite a bit of uncertainty with the details, but the storm bears monitoring. Below normal temperatures are however expected to remain through much of next week.

See you tomorrow!