Lincoln’s weather forecast for today, reported at 5:15 AM on Saturday, the 25th of May. Overnight, a 20 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 59. Next, Saturday, a slight chance of showers before 7am, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 76. Chance of precipitation is 20%. Saturday Night, showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly between 1am and 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. Looking ahead, Sunday, a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 80. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. Sunrise today will be at 6:01 am and the sun will set at 8:46 pm.
There is one local weather hazard at the time of this report. Here’s that local weather hazard.
Hazardous Weather Outlook. This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for portions of southwest Iowa. west central Iowa. east central Nebraska. northeast Nebraska and southeast Nebraska. Day one. Today and Tonight. Showers and thunderstorms will be possible across parts of southeast Nebraska and southwest Iowa this afternoon through tonight. A few storms could be strong to severe across far southeast Nebraska and southern Iowa. Large hail, damaging winds and heavy rain will be the primary threats. Days two through seven. Sunday through Friday. The weather will remain active through the rest of the Memorial Day weekend, with multiple rounds of thunderstorms. Severe storms will be possible along with heavy rain. Anyone with outdoor activities this weekend should monitor the weather closely. Spotter information statement. Spotter activation could be needed Saturday, but chances of that will be highest in southeast Nebraska and southwest Iowa.
See you tomorrow!